Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dexter's Birth Story


OK so I thought I would tell you all about how little Dex came into our world.

June 2nd early morning (were talking 2:30) I started feeling contractions aka bad cramps. I didn't wake Adam up until about 4:30. By the time it was 5 I was ready to go to the hospital. We told my mom we were headed to the hospital and we would let her know if we were staying. So around 5:30 I was admitted but was only 2 cm and 95% effaced. They cheked me once an hour for 3 hours and no change! So after walking around for a half hour and no change so they decided they would send me home. I was a little disappointed to have to go home but excited to get to rest in my own bed. So the nurse gave me a loratab and was going to wait for 15 minutes on the monitor and then would send us on our way. She had me sign discharge papers and then left while we waited our fifteen minutes. Literally at the end of 15 minutes we were laying down trying to sleep and my water broke. We told told the nurse and she checked and verified that it indeed had broken. I got my epidural, pitocin, and anitbodics(since i was positive for strep B) i went from a 2cm to a 3cm in an hour, 3cm to a 4cm in an hour and 4 to a 9 cm in an hour and a half. 9 to a 10 in 15 minutes and was ready to push. For every conractions they had me push 3 times for the count of 10. I pushed for 4 contractions with the burse to get him past my pelvis. The dr. came in and I pushed for 4 contractions with the dr. before the little man came shooting out. He managed to goo my mom who was holding my leg as well as the other side of the room. He was born at 2:18 on June 2nd weighing 6.14 oz and 20 inches long. He is the most darling little boy. He did have high levels of jaundice but after some time in a bili light his levels are down and he is doing great! We love his guts!

























3 comments:

  1. Seriously cool! Way jealous that you had it so easy your first go around :D Seriously, congrats guys. He is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go momma! we need to come visit you guys!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you...need more pic's of the beautiful little man.

    ReplyDelete